From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 4:13 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: iSeries Upgrades ??

We started changing over to Ethernet Terminals before IBM announced the
Enterprise / Standard pricing #$%^.  We purchased CLI's ET2000 which have
5250 and E-mail but no browser.  The ET3000 has the browser I do believe.
We like them a lot.  We purchased the big keyboards with all the function
keys of 5250 terminals.  They use standard VGA monitors.  Very low power
consumption on the emulation unit and they are small.  I am starting to look
at Wyse which offer a 15" LCD monitor with the emulators built in.
Hopefully when the new Power-over-Ethernet standard is finalized, they can
build these thing to be powered by the ethernet connection.  Can you imagine
that, only one wire to your terminal, wireless keyboard and mouse.  Clean
desk top I foresee in the future.

Chris