Thanks Bryan. That did it.

Albert York

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   bdietz@xxxxxx [SMTP:bdietz@xxxxxx]
        Sent:   Wednesday, June 18, 2003 8:09 AM
        To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
        Subject:        RE: Finding IP address asscociate with an interface

        You can try using the files in QUSRSYS
        QATOCLIFC   *FILE       LF          System supplied INTERFACES file
        QATOCIFC    *FILE       PF-DTA      System supplied INTERFACES file.

        Position to line  . . . . .
        Shift to column  . . . . . .
        Line

....+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7....+.
...8....+....9....+...10....+...11....+...12....
               Internet Address  Binary Internet  Line Description  Subnet
Mask
        Binary Subnet Mask  Type of Service  Maximum Transmiss
                                 Address
        Unit
        000001 127.0.0.1           ************      *LOOPBACK
255.0.0.0
        16,777,216-      *NORMAL                  16,388
        000002 V4R2M0              ************
        ************                          ************
        000003 192.168.151.54      ************      ETHLINE10
255.255.255.0
        256-      *NORMAL                       0
        000004 1.2.3.4              16,909,060       ETHLINE10
255.0.0.0
        16,777,216-      *NORMAL                       0

        -------------------------
         Bryan Dietz
        3X Corporation
        614-410-9205

                     "York, Albert"

                     <albert.york@xxxx

                     an-usa.com>
                     Sent by:                  "'Midrange Systems Technical

                     midrange-l-bounce         Discussion'"

                     s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

                     06/18/2003 10:59
Subject
                     AM                        RE: Finding IP address
asscociate
                                               with an interface

                     Please respond to

                     Midrange Systems

                         Technical

                        Discussion

                     <midrange-l@xxxxx

                         nge.com>

        Scott,

        It's a long story but basically I need to poll all of the devices on
the
        interface. Thanks to your sockets manual I was able to figure out
how to do
        UDP sockets and I wrote a program which counts from 1 to 254.
However, I
        need a way to find out the first 3 octets of the address. The name
of the
        line is always the same (ETHLINE).

        Thanks,

        Albert York