David,

I think the issue is that I am pushing the paradigm around a little. I have
recently seen the screen shots for a ~new~ product from a famous vendor we
all know and love. No 5250 data stream involved technically - as far as we
have been told, but a great HTML green screen clone. This to me is simply a
screen scrape from the users perspective... I know what screen scraping
means from a technical perspective. But I think if you are going to present
a 24x80 in a browser, you can only claim you have scraped the screen -
nothing more.

This is how I see it.

1) Screen scraping..
Presents the 24x80 (or 27x132) in a non-terminal emulator GUI-able client,
with some mouse usability.

2) Refacing..
Converts the original 24x80 (or 27x132) to true GUI with full GUI
functionality.

2a) Webfacing
i. Same as 2 with IP and in a browser.
ii. IBM name for #1

Most products provide #1, some products get part way to #2, some products
provide full #2.

And there is a completely different conversation on whether or not the
products that do NOT "technically" screen scrape even reach true GUI. Or
maybe I am being confused by the myriad of non-graphical designers out
there. Because that is a bigger gripe for me than whether or not you are
screen scraping....

Trevor