On Tuesday 17 June 2003 21:35, Joe Pluta wrote:
> > From: Martin Rowe
> >
> > Hi Joe
> >
> > My WRKUSROUTQ contains most of WRKSPLF/WRKOUTQ functionality using
> > APIs etc. It's free and open source so could be added to easily
> > enough, as I think it might need in that situation. For instance you
> > get prompted for IBM commands for a 2=CHGSPLFA
>
> Hi Martin!  Would you mind if I downloaded the code and converted it?
> It would be cool to see what the converted code looked like!  Then, if
> I included the utility with my tool, I'd obviously always give you full
> credit.  I'll link it up with my CPYSPLFPDF and I'll have quite a nice
> utility!  I would add an option to convert the file, with a small
> database file that would contain the link between the spooled file and
> its PDF version.  Then I could simply add that as a hyperlink on the
> web version of the tool by putting the URL in a hidden field!

No problem, Joe. There are a few dependencies on the DBG/400 utilities I
have (common runtime programs/files etc) but it would be easy to bundle
those together. The tool already has convertion options to text/html, so
you could add pdf in there and put the conversion code in the routine/API
that handles all the subfile options. Let me know off-list if you want
any more info.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@xxxxxxxxxx  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /