Have an unusual situation with a 15-character alpha field (USER03) that I need
to turn into a key
field in a Vendor file in a new logical file.  It will hold the value of a
4-digit company number
*or* it will be blank.  The keys in the new logical will be USER03, then
VENDOR#.  Somehow, for
the purposes of reading this logical in key sequence, I need treat a value of
blanks and a value
of '0030' the same, in essence, reading the file in "sequence" as follows:

USER03  VENDOR
'0020'  9877412
'0030'  1254478
'    '  2214778
'0030'  4174411
'0040'  1234567

I think I already know that this can't be done, but is there a way to play with
the collating
sequence or somesuch?

TIA, Dan