Off list, because I don't know if anybody from that client is a lurker.

I haven't heard any more about the SAP implementation. If you live in a
house built by Hovnanian, you're paying for it.

Two years ago, the client I was at got a new IT manager who I knew from day
one was a real putz, and knew enough about the 400 to be dangerous, even
though he claimed to have been a consultant for New Resources, Inc. His
stated "mission" was to get rid of all the consultants. What happened was
that he brought in a bunch of his buddies from the consulting world who were
having trouble getting assignments. Then he expected me to train them! And
yes, one of them is an H1B....:-((  He started bringing SQL server
applications to "augment" the 400 stuff, even though we already had
everything necessary in place. I once overheard him tell someone that he was
interested in "learning" SQL server for the future.

It took him 6 months, but he finally pushed me to the point where I had to
tell him that some business was not worth having, and that I was exercising
the clause in my contract to give him 30 days notice. I still get support
calls from his staff members with whom I am friendly, and I even dial in to
fix things his buddies screw up (he doesn't know about it), because I know
that eventually he'll be gone and I'll be back.

What a world. Time to leave for church.

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978 Cell