Briefcase would eliminate the DOS batch file but wasn't the issue using
diskettes (see subject line)?  If eliminating the diskette was truly the
issue and you wanted to retain the double-click simplicity of a batch file
doing a DOS copy then how about doing it via FTP?  With FTP you could send
it to/from a PC or even an iSeries (this is a midrange list isn't it???  Oh
yea, see the address line...  [it's a song about Alice...]).  The transfer
could be on a local LAN or accross the Internet.  You would need to have a
always-on connection like cable, DSL, etc., dedicate a system (PC or
iSeries), open up a port on your router for FTP connections, set up a FTP
server to receive the file, and it's that easy!  This is truly a solution
for the 21st century but the best part is that we saved the cost of a
25-cent floppy (and the $10 floppy drive).  Gee, maybe I should have been a
consultant...?

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571