We get some data from our claims representative.  It comes in a signed
zoned data.  Therefore, even if positive, it will have a letter in the
last position.  Using it with RPG or UPDDTA is no problem.  However WRKDBF
assumes that all of these are negative.  And IBM's iSeries Access file
transfer also assumes they are negative.
sample data is 604 was sent as 60D.  I did a simple SQL update file set
field1=field1*1 and it changed it from 60D to 604 also.  Therefore many of
the iSeries parts can interpret the sign correctly.

The problem is that we send this file out to this other company and we use
iSeries Access to download it and it's incorrectly negative.  Using
CPYTOIMPF is not an option because there are too many fields.  We were
hoping to avoid writing a program to remove the sign, again there are
hundreds of fields.

Benjamin Franklin