From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Thursday, May 22, 2003 8:10:04 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: COMMON: What to do?

Janet,

regarding your reply, snipette below, this is THE CORRECT forum for this
kind of discussion. David has verified that this morning.

The items we're discussing here and now and the reasons we're having to
discuss them here and now, means that something has failed with the
executive directorship of COMMON both in Chicago and in the CBOD.

I'm not sure we have the time to wait for you and COMMON.

I think you folks are in DIRE NEED of ideas. I think COMMON is in DIRE
NEED of some actions to help it survive in this downturned market. I
think you've got some decent minds on this listserver. I think you've
been given some good ideas in the past that you're now seeing the effects
of not acting on.

It's frankly up to you folks if we actually have a COMMON in our common
futures...I would think you'd be much more open to input than attempting
to manage the ideas on a yet to be rolled out forum. Do you really think
we have the time for yet another reinvention of the wheel when this one
seems to work just fine? It's alive here and now, use it until you find
something better.

Folks, the floor is again open for progressive and futuristic discussion
and ideas on what can and should be done to keep COMMON in our common
futures... We need good ideas and ways to get from here to there. Leave
your politics at the the plug, unplugged. We don't have time for it.

Let's hear some ideas....

Don in DC