-----Original Message-----
From: Vern Hamberg

There are things in many products, including some of ours, that require
full access to a system. Various system utilities fall into this area. The
API used by our CD-ROM product got more restrictive in V5R1, e.g. Install
programs may need *IOCONFIG, etc. Now most of our stuff IS owned by QSECOFR
but does NOT adopt that authority, unless it's needed.

And there is always the ability to swap profiles, of course.

What would you need from a vendor in this situation? Is a section in the
documentation sufficient? We certainly don't have anything to hide and do
not want to cause any concerns to anyone. What helps a trustful (made up
word) relationship with a vendor?

Anyone can reply to this - I'm interested in various points of view.