Frank,

You are using AFPDS, but the tool to create an RTF file copies the SPLF into a
file, which will not work. PDF's are not read into MS Word (I think).

My suggestion is to drop the overlay in the spool file and have the image been
defined as a watermark in a Word doc. Then, as text or RTF, merge the contents
of your SPLF's into that Word doc.

The article mentioned for the the tool to create RTF files was "Easily
Distribute AS/400 Reports with Microsoft Exchange" by Mike Faust, published in
Midrange Computing June 2000. If the code is not there, I will send you the
source privately on Monday (if you are still interested).

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler.