>You know I'm not going to let this slide, Walden.  <grin>

Kinda figured <G>

I'd be curious to know where you see that MS only supports 39 bits of
addressing. I assume you're backing into that from point of view that they
only support 512Gig of memory (2^39). Then again, IBM only support 256Gig,
so the iSeries only uses 38???

>you mean something like single store addressing that
>allows transparent access to terabytes of data,

And where can _YOU_ allocation terabytes of storage on the iSeries? None of
the OPM APIs even come close, and the teraspace APIs are only a 16-bit
pointer, so they only have 4GB accessable.

Of course, under the covers IBM can do some stuff with larger allocations,
but under the covers they must also respect the difference between "real"
memory and disk. And the iSeries only supports half the memory of a Windows
box.

Your turn... <G>

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III