Are you referring to the demise announcement or the announce/availability announce . The latter was here at V4R4 time

At 03:35 PM 4/21/2003 -0500, Shannon O'Donnell wrote:
The demise of the 700 series has been known for about 18 - 24 months now,
give or take a couple of months. Seems like the 700 series announcement was
made around the same time V5R1 came out.  If I remember correctly, Midrange
Server (www.midrangeserver.com) wrote about this back in September or
October of 2001.  Heck,  I even remember hearing about this while working at
Midrange Computing magazine before it closed, so I know that it's been quite
awhile that this information has been known.

HTH

Shannon O'Donnell

----- Original Message ----- From: <rob@xxxxxxxxx> To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 2:31 PM Subject: RE: Planning for an iSeries future