From: Lopez, Andrew [mailto:alopez@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 11:25 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Insert using ODBC/system DSN

        Check out KB:9951625 & 23391421 in IBM's Software Technical
Documents.    IBM has a wonderful "feature":  any libraries specified in the
ODBC connection are added to the END of the default library list.   That
library list will be carried over to any trigger programs that are called.

        To override the default library list, you have to use the
secret-IBM-decoder ring.    Inserting a leading comma before any other
library listed in the ODBC connection will cause the ODBC connection to use
the library list as specified on the ODBC connection.   And yes, the leading
comma disappears once you hit enter, but it does work.    And yes, it
doesn't work on editing an ODBC connection, only when creating a new one.
And yes, there would be absolutely no way of knowing any of this from the
help provided with Client Access's ODBC driver.   And yes, my language after
learning of this wonderful feature was quite colorful......