We have limited by group profile for just this reason.  Yes, it will still
blow everyone out of accounting and payroll, but all of our manufacturing
entities will continue to function.  And if they don't function, how do
you make the payroll?  And it is a simple fix to temporarily fix the group
profile until you resolve the problem.  And, a query which prints off any
user profile that has a limit, and what percent of that limit they are at,
is emailed to critical people on a weekly basis.  Thus if payroll grows
during the year, we can adjust that maximum.  We try to keep it around 90%
of that user profile (NOT TOTAL DISK).  Therefore we can blow the runaway
query in a timely fashion.  The last person to do so was the payroll
analyst, so don't give me that song and dance about keeping Query away
from the users.

Benjamin Franklin

"Bruce Barrett" <bruce.barrett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/14/2003 10:42 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion