I'd be more concerned that the CUSTOMER may be assuming incorrectly.

| >     My latest statistics, (no I don't have a copy handy),
| > say that there are still more
| > RPG coders out there than Java coders.This too might change.
|
| Within the iSeries arena, I'd probably agree Java Developers <
| RPG Developers. Taking that to the software development world as
| a whole (PC's, *nix, etc.), I'd find that very hard to believe.

In the software development world (PC's, *nix, etc.), as a whole..

..rock-solid.. maintainable.. efficient.. code that runs on hardware with
same features is still on the drawing boards...;-D

Seriously, there's a mindset to developing an effective ERP (package or
homegrown) that sure appears (to me) to be lacking in the so-called "modern
software development world", as a whole.

jmobservations