Shannon,

When I try to telnet with a user profile from V5R1 to V5R2, I also am
presented with a Signon screen, but...

My V5R2 system uses 128 byte passwords, and my V5R1 system does not.
When I finally do Signon to the V5R2 system (manually), I'm informed that
there has been one invalid Signon attempt for my user, and indeed there is a
PW journal entry in the QAUDJRN.
Just to be sure, I've verified that I am not suffering from a upper/lower
case problem.

I don't currently have a V5R2 system that is set to only 10 character
passwords, so I won't be able to verify just now whether the password length
is the differentiator.

jte

--
John Earl | Chief Technology Officer