There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Whether or not using new technologies is more cost effective to you is
often based on what you wanted, (or your comfort zone) in the first place.

If you want to use the new features, then it is more cost effective,
stable, etc.
If you don't want to use the new features, then the old methods are more
cost effective, stable, etc.

Much as IBM is touting this new white paper out about how great the TCO of
Linux is.  Pretty amazing that they based against some of their
competitors but left out 400's and 390's.

Benjamin Franklin

Jan Megannon <jmegannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
04/02/2003 06:09 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion