From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Shannon O'Donnell
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 1:09 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Java and Visual Basic, how to learn?

Martin,

Yeah. I'm an unusual kind of guy...:-)

1.4 versions?!?!?   Are you nuts?  How do you count from 1 to 10 in GB?
ha!
Just kidding!!!

As you'll see in someone else's earilier post....there have been
significantly more than 1.4 versions.  It worked out to, if I remember
correctly, something like 7 or 8 versions. That's like slightly over 1
new
version a year.  My only comment to this is that VB only changes about
once
every three or four years.

But hey...I'm easy. Program in whatever language best gets the job done.

There's a reason why I learned to program in RPG, COBOL, Basic, RBasic,
Assembler, Java, VB, JavaScript, DHTML, HTML, C, C++ and other
languages.
It's so that I can use the best tool for the job.

But...for all you Java die-hards out there who wouldn't dream of using
any
other solution....more power to ya!

Shannon O'Donnell