> From: Jose Vega
>
> I exclude a user from a library.  I then create a program that
> needs to execute a program in that library.  I wanted the user to
> have access only through programs.   I tried to do this by
> compiling the program with *owner authority (the owner has *all
> authority to the library and objects in the library).  When I try
> to run the program using the excluded user I get an error saying
> the user is not authorized to the library.  What am I doing wrong?

You're stuck in a Catch-22, Jose.

Let's look at an example.  Let's say you have a library, SECRETLIB, and a
program in it, SECRETPGM.  You create a user, SECRETUSER, that has all
authority to the library.  Another user, REGULARJOE, has no authority to
that library.

Now you want to create a program that adopts authority and calls SECRETPGM.
You call it ADOPTER, make it USRPRF(*OWNER), and make the owner SECRETUSER.
Great!  Except for one little detail - where did you put the program?  If
you put it in SECRETLIB, REGULARJOE still won't be able to call it, because
he has no authority to SECRETLIB!

So, you have to have a different library, say one named ADOPTLIB, where you
put programs that adopt authority.  Then you grant authority to ADOPTER (and
ADOPTLIB) to REGULARJOE.  This way, REGULARJOE still has no authority to
SECRETLIB, but he can now call SECRETPGM, by calling ADOPTER in ADOPTLIB.

Hope this helps!

Joe