Thanks for the information on Visual Basic. From what I've seen, Java has a
lot of components that must work "just so", don't know about the JSP/servlet
arena. The last time I saw a VB development screen, it looked just too "busy".

I suppose I have a fear that VB will somehow "break" in the future. I've heard
horror stories about applications breaking due to Windows API changes, that
you must rewrite? or recompile applications when moving to new versions of VB,
DLL hell, application distribution issues, and the VB.NET thing.

That said, your comments are encouraging!

Thanks,
Loyd

--
"Why, you can even hear yourself think." --Hobbes
"This is making me nervous. Let's go in." --Calvin