As long as your final iteration of LPAR passed validation then you reached a workable end result and it should run OK

At 12:38 PM 3/18/2003 -0500, Urbanek, Marty wrote:
I like to think I'm not "just screwing around." I have over 20 years
experience with several platforms and have been under the hood of all of
them with good results (sure a few lessons were learned along the way).
Sorry if I don't share your reverence for the hardware. A computer is just a
machine that can be broken and fixed, taken apart and put back together.

We have to wear a lot of hats in my shop, any hat that is necessary to keep
making progress. The knowledge and abilities gained from not being afraid to
try new hats have kept me employed through round after round of staff
reductions.

Just because I haven't done it before does not mean I'm not "following the
rules." For the most part, everything is documented, although sometimes the
meaning of the documentation becomes clearer after one of those "lessons."

For your information, an 820, even with LPAR, is considered by IBM to be
customer installable. That is why it is necessary to negotiate a separate
services contract IF you want IBM to set it up.

As I said, IBM approved my configuration. The system has been running fine
for 15 months, less a couple DASD failures, no doubt due to my "screwing
around."

date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:17:53 -0500
from: Glenn Ericson <Glenn-Ericson@xxxxxxx>
subject: Re: LPAR Classes ?

Just  screwing  around is not a good thing  with cards and resources.  You
have to  follow  the rules or expect intermittent  failures or less than
optimum performance from your new system throughout  it tenure.