And a good reason to use IBM's LPAR validation tool.

Benjamin Franklin

Glenn Ericson <Glenn-Ericson@xxxxxxx>
03/18/2003 11:17 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

        To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        Re: LPAR Classes ?

Just  screwing  around is not a good thing  with cards and resources.  You

have to  follow  the rules or expect intermittent  failures or less than
optimum performance from your new system throughout  it tenure.