Vern thank you very much for your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vern Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 March 2003 1:55 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: FTP IFS to RS 6000

Emmanuel

How do you want this to work? Can the FTP transfer occur right after
putting the file in the IFS? If so, you can build an FTP script to handle
this.

You need to build the script (I used Query Management query to replace
lines in a shell, using substitution variables for the password and
filename), something like this and modified to your needs:

&userid &password
nam 1
lcd &localpath
cd &remotepath
bin
put &localfilename [&remotefilename]
quit

The script can be a single-field data physical or a source physical.

     Note: Depending on the remote FTP server, the &userid and
         &password may need to be on separate lines.

     Note: There is a security issue, because the password and user
         ID are exposed. It might be a good idea to use anonymous login
         at the remote FTP server, with appropriate directory restrictions
         there.

Then run the following - the override of OUTPUT gives you a printout of the
results.

/* Execute FTP script */
              OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTPSCRIPT)
              OVRPRTF    FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(QPRINT)
              FTP        RMTSYS(&IPADDR)
              DLTOVR     FILE(INPUT OUTPUT)

HTH

Vern

At 01:50 PM 3/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>MC Hi,
>
>We are generating stream files in an IFS directory and we want to FTP the
>stream files to the RS 6000. The process will be constant, therefore I am
>looking for a batch processing that would allow us to achieve that.
>
>Regards,
>Emmanuel Zannis
>(Tel:  01252 372000 x3262
>  Fax: 01252 542261
>  e-mail:emmanuel.zannis@xxxxxxxxxxx

The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be privileged.
Unauthorised access and use is prohibited.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore this Company does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and
may be unlawful.

Hogg Robinson plc
Registered Office: Abbey House, 282 Farnborough Road, Farnborough,Hampshire
GU14 7NJ
Registered in England and Wales No 2107443