   The capability of the ViewPoint add-on to SEQUEL is even cooler.

   = "Dave Snyder" <dsnyder@blcnet.com></F= ONT>
   Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
   <= FONT SIZE=2>01/29/2003 08:10 AM
   Please respond t= o Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

   To:</= FONT> midrange-l@midrange.com
   cc:<= /FONT>
   bcc:
   Subject: = Re: AS400 Reports Into MS Excel - Formatting

   ASC's SEQUEL product does this = very nicely.
   >>> &q= uot;Rick Rayburn" <the400man@hotmail.com> 1/29/03 7:19:51 AM &gt
;>>
   I would not be surprised if this question has already been pos= ed but
   here
   goes anyway:
   = I have a request to create a recurring job which entails running a 400
   -<BR= >based report and dumping it into an EXCEL spreadsheet. In the
   absence of C= A,
   I have been using a BoS-A-Nova file transfer utility to convert the d
ocument
   into a text file. When I open it in EXCEL, I then get the "= formatting
   wizard" which walks through the final steps to view the = report properly.
   My question= is, will I have to format this EACH TIME I bring in the
   report?
   Is ther= e anyway to create a permanent format shell that will handle this
   task w= ithout the constant manual attention?
   Thanks for the input.
   Rick Rayburn
   NYC

   Help STOP SPAM wi= th the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*
   http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail<B= R>
   This is the Midrange Systems Tec= hnical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing
   list
   To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,<= BR>visit:
   or emai= l: MIDRANGE-L-request@midrange.com
   Before posting, please take a moment = to review the archives

   <FONT    FACE="Monospace,Courier">________________