From: Vern Hamberg [mailto:vhamberg@centerfieldtechnology.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 10:55 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: IP Address of AS/400 Machine

Hi

This is exactly why DNS and host tables are used (yeah, Rob, those evil
host tables <g>). Do you have a corporate DNS server? If not, put the IP
names of the 400s in a HOSTS file on the non-400 machine. Then the alias
names are available. Maintenance problem? Yes, but so is keeping the DNS up
to date. One of your 400s could be the DNS server.

Otherwise, there is an interface table, QUSRSYS/QATOCIFC, that has all the
IP addresses defined for your system.

 From V5R1 on, there is an API, QtocLstNetIfc (List Network Interface),
that will give you all the interfaces, along with status and other
information.

HTH

Vern