SI03758 might be the one you're thinking of.  It does fix a problem with
CPDA09B and QNTC for V5R1 (now whether it's this problem or not...).

                      Joel Fritz

                      <JFritz@sharperimage        To:       "'Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                      .com>                       cc:

                      Sent by:                    Subject:  RE: Another
CPYTOIMPF question - Someone please put me out of my
                      midrange-l-bounces@m         misery!

                      idrange.com

                      01/23/2003 04:28 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

Sorry to be vague, but I think there's a PTF for the CCSID message.  When
you copy the file to the IFS directory, does the target file already exist?
If it was created by the CPYTOIMPF, the command with the parms you showed
will result in an EBCDIC text file.  If that's the case, you might try
deleting the IFS file, then use the *PCASCII parm on the CPYTOIMPF, and
skip
the code page conversion on the CPY.

NOTICE:
All e-mail sent to or from this e-mail address will be received or
otherwise
recorded by The Sharper Image corporate e-mail system and is subject to
archival, monitoring, review by and/or disclosure to Sharper Image security
and other management. This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the
views of The Sharper Image. If you are not the intended recipient,
dissemination of this communication is prohibited.