I'm a little out of touch with net.data, but I went to the site <www.ibm.com/net.data> and got to the Reference <http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/net.data/docs/noframes/db2rn/db2rn.htm>. This has a bit on scrolling with Next and Previous form buttons - check the index for scroll.

A cursor is not an object, as such, it's something kept in each job or connection, each user has his own instance, you could say.

Don't know about servlets or CGI, but I assume something can be set in JDBC, e.g., in a servlet. In CGI, the embedded SQL in the program called could have the SCROLL keyword. And persistent CGI and net.data have been around for awhile, so the cursor will remain between accesses to the server.

HTH

Vern

At 04:08 PM 1/23/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> From: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@centerfieldtechnology.com>
> Right on, and the cursor has to be scrollable. There's a keyword
> on the DECLARE CURSOR statement.

Are scrollable cursors something that programmers are using within Net.Data,
Servlets, and CGI programs?  If so, wouldn't each user need their own
instance of the cursor?  Are there any examples demonstrating their use in a
Web application?  In the case of Java, would one's code work across
non-OS/400 platforms?

Nathan M. Andelin
www.relational-data.com