Yes you can fax through Domino.  No, you do not want to fax your iSeries
generated stuff that way.  Unless you don't mind these steps:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/related/fxd/snddomfax.htm

Faxing Domino stuff is fine.  And if you have a supported attachment it
will even open that up on the fax.

It even has a Lotus print-to-fax driver that's ok for sending your pc
printouts out via fax.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/related/fxd/printtofax.htm

Now, the Domino fax will probably require special iSeries hardware also.
For inbound we use a regular V.24 comm port with a DID modem from
MultiTech that IBM is pushing.  That's ok.  For outbound we use the 2805
card.  The 2805 has 4 ports.  You could spread them out between Domino and
Fax for iSeries.  We have four 2805's.  Two cards (8 ports) are for
outbound iSeries faxing.  Two cards (8 ports) are for outbound Domino Fax
for iSeries faxing.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/related/fxd/faxreqs.htm

We are using a Cisco phone system.  It does a lousy job of handling analog
extensions for modems.  Bad enough to the point that we are using an
Adtran FXS unit to bypass the Cisco equipment.  Solved some issues with
ECS, EDI, faxing, etc.

General Domino Fax for iSeries information:
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/domino/related/fxd

Benjamin Franklin

Martin Rowe <martin@dbg400.net>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@midrange.com
01/23/2003 03:03 PM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion