I'm one of those freaks, and I know there are a couple more listening.

I have an Xbox, but I barely touch it. It just "feels" like a waste of time.

I'd rather develop my programming skill on my AS/400 than play a pointless
video game. To me, the process of solving a programming problem is itself a
(sometimes frustrating) game of sorts, but gives me greater satisfaction when
resolved and eventually evolves into a complete application. I wouldn't need an
AS/400 for that, of course, but if I can, why not use the best (note the
swelling pride)? I have to have some tangible goal to keep myself interested,
so I developed a website that included another interest, and that's what I use
the home machine for (www.distortion.us).

There are other views, of course. My roommate is also an AS/400 developer, but
couldn't care less about it once he leaves the office.