 >>  Bob Tipton (whom you just *might* know) said it better:

Yup I know Bob - and having read the article I tend to agree with much of
what he said - but the point I was making was that your remark about rats
was just plain silly.  As a long time IBM watcher you KNOW that IBM always
moves execs around like this - leaving him in place for 30 months was very
unusual.

There's two ways of looking at it - you choose to take the Chicken Little
approach.  If you could demonstrate to me in what way this kind of constant
whining benefits the platform in any way I might go along with you.  I don't
believe that everything is rosy - hell my business probably depends far more
on the iSeries than yours does in absolute terms.  People will need software
for the box years after it is withdrawn from marketing - they won't need
training!

Considering that a change in management was inevitable, I prefer to look on
this change as positive - the iSeries is more starved of software than
almost anything else (other than marketing).  Having a former software boss
in charge of iSeries and a former iSeries boss in charge of a software group
can't be a bad thing can it?

Jon Paris
Partner400