Gee Al, you were up late.  Let me guess 'Some assembly required'?

Benjamin Franklin

"Al Barsa" <barsa@barsaconsulting.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
12/25/2002 12:28 AM
Please respond to midrange-l

        To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
        cc:
        Fax to:
        Subject:        Merry Christmas, Neil (was: RE: 25GB tape)

Merry Christmas, Neil.

Now go to bed.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                      neilp@dpslink.com
                      Sent by:                  To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                      midrange-l-admin@m        cc:
                      idrange.com               Subject:  RE: 25GB tape

                      12/25/2002 12:16
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

Tape error stats on different types of drives can not be directly
compared.  Some drive types report very high temporary errors (QIC, 8mm),
but the error correction capabilities take care of that.  There was a
document I saw from IBM a few years ago listing what were acceptable
temporary error rates for different drive types, but I can't locate it
right now.

...Neil

rob@dekko.com
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com