Sounds like a nice product. But STRQMQRY gives you some of that
functionality and is included in OS/400 - and might be adequate for many
projects. E.g., if you have a replacement variable but do not specify its
SETVAR on STRQMQRY, you are prompted for the value. As someone mentioned,
you don't even have to get the SQL licensed product, unless you want to
customize reports more easily than fighting with query management tags.

Drill down is NOT a part of it, however.

All in all, IMO, an under-utilized, very flexible mechanism.

Cheers

Vern