Jerry,

Is there a way to limit my search to just one "book" / "manual" /
"publication"?  I want to be able to do that to eliminate a lot of the
"noise" that shows up in the search results.  Most times I know that
the answer I'm looking for resides in a certain "book", and I just want
an easy way to take me right to the answer.

I know very little about SQL, but I made an assumption that the syntax
for table-name would almost certainly be found in the SQL Reference.

Per your suggestion, I went to advanced search and searched for
"table-name syntax" (without the double quotes), selecting only
"Database and File Systems".  There were 28 hits.  I got a lot of hits
on CRTSQLxxxx command syntax.  Near the bottom was "Naming Conventions"
and I found what I was looking for.  If I had the ability to limit the
search to the book(s) I chose, then I would eliminate a lot of wasted
time scanning the results.

Regards,
Dan Bale