You can even do some nice things with a traditional SQL View.   The CASE
statement would allow the users to see a meaningful value returned like
'ACTIVE'
or 'InACTIVE'    instead of the real values of the field (like   '0'  or
'1').

CREATE VIEW clearview
As Select
Ordno,
CASE  Status
When 'O'  Then 'Open'
When 'C'  Then 'Closed'
End
AS Status

or even more complicated ones with arithmatic functions against fields in
the record.

John Carr

------------------------------------

Mark:

It seems to me you'd be better off implementing views that return UDF
values for the columns in question.

Tom Liotta

                    qsrvbas@netscape.ne
                    t (Tom Liotta)             To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                   cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi        Subject:     Re: Anyone using
the *AFTER *READ Triggers in V5R1/V5R2?
                    drange.com

                    11/25/2002 02:55 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

midrange-l-request@midrange.com wrote:

>   1. Re: Anyone using the *AFTER *READ Triggers in V5R1/V5R2? (Mark
Waterbury)

>But, from my point of view, what I want to do is to be able to
>implement some 'business rules' in which the actual data returned
>to the calling program may be different, depending on some "rules".

Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.
19426 68th Avenue South
Kent, WA 98032