Hi Adam,

You will need to create a workstation customization object from the *HP4
source file. Change the parameter that is holding the escape sequence which
is sent when source drawer 1 is called for by an OS/400 program so that
automatic selection is enabled.

:DWRSLT
DRAWER=DRAWER1
DATA = '1B266C3148'X. (upper paper cassette)

Change this entry so that DATA = '1B266C3748'X. (automatic selection of
input tray)

The automatic selection function is tied to the paper size requested by an
application. Since your OS/400 applications will not be requesting ID cards,
this is the only change you should need to make on the OS/400 side to get
your application pulling paper from the desired input tray.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--