Hey all,

I searched the archives for EDI solutions, and came across this very
enlightening thread:

http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/199904/threads.html#01001

but it was over 3 years old and I was wondering if anything had changed
since then in the as/400 marketplace as far as EDI solutions.

only a couple of our vendors are currently requesting edi, but this
requirement may increase.  Customer edi WON'T be an issue.  It's a
restaurant chain.  If the cost of EDI for vendors is prohibitive, those
vendors requiring it will probably just be dropped and replaced with other
vendors.

I could write my own translations, but as several of the folks in the above
thread suggested, I don't want to be in the business of maintaining EDI
standards and upgrades.

I envision a simple query or rpg job that assembles the data into a single
file and drops it on the network somewhere, where a PC job picks it up,
translates it and creates the edi file.

any input is greatly appreciated.

rick