And pass the ammunition!

Yeah, I think you have to use the DEL command, which is a synonym for the
(has to be hard) IBM command RMVLNK.

The sign is a problem, being the left nibble of the last byte.

But I just noticed that it does not translate to anything form QSYS.LIB -
you need to do an additional CPY completely in the IFS, with DTAFMT(*TEXT),
to get ASCII. And, yes, Mildred, negative numbers show up funny.

But you're fine if you stay in EBCDIC.

Regards

Vern