Several of you have expressed interest in development machines.
Partnerworld has a new offer worth checking out.
jim

----- Original Message -----
From: "PartnerWorld for Developers"
<PartnerWorld_for_Developers.11@us.ibm.com>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 1:07 PM
Subject: Special discount on IBM eServer iSeries 270 models for
demonstration/development

> IBM Global Financing (IGF) and IBM eServer iSeries are offering specially
discounted demonstration and development iSeries 270 models.  You can
purchase these refurbished models at an extremely attractive wholesale price
of $10,400 (USD), or finance it at a 0% rate and retain ownership of the
processor or take advantage of very attractive leasing options

> All three of these options provide you with a full range of no charge
software* for the iSeries 270, including OS/400, WebSphere, Lotus Domino,
DB2 Query Manager and SQL Developer Kit for iSeries, MQSeries for iSeries
and much, much more.

http://ibm.com/partnerworld/developer/ecma/campaign/er/?id=4486

> Or Call IBM PartnerLine at: 1-800-426-9990

> To take advantage of this offer, developers must meet the PartnerWorld for
Developers qualifications for accessing the IBM Hardware and Software Malls
and/or participate in the iSeries SW Developers Lease or Discount Programs.
These qualifications detailed below:

>  - Must be producing a shrinkwrap software package to be sold on the
commercial market under your own company name.
>  - Must be an active commercial member of PartnerWorld for Developers
>  - Provide an online Project Profile telling what you will be developing
for the next year and when it will be available, out past the quarter you
apply, an IBM Customer Agreement and Attachment for Developer Discount Form
(and Direct Debit Authorization and copy of voided check for developer's
lease)
> - Must obtain approval from a member of the iSeries SW Developers Lease
and Discount Programs team. No orders can be processed for the discount or
lease until this approval has been obtained.

> Getting Started:
>
> Project Profile -
>   Go to:   http://ibm.com/partnerworld/developer/ecma/campaign/er/?id=4484
>   Select:  Membership Center
>   Select:  Update commercial membership
>   Enter:   Primary Company Contact id/password
>   Select:  Work with Project Profile
>   Select:  Java Applet form or HTML form.  The option defaults to Java
unless
>   otherwise indicated
>   Select:  Create profile where all required fields are indicated with an
>   Asterisk"*".  Project descriptions should include details regarding
current application development and the delivery date on OS/400 should
reflect current development general availability date, within 12 months of
profile submission

>   AGREEMENTS -
>   Go to:   http://ibm.com/partnerworld/developer/ecma/campaign/er/?id=4485
>   Select:  Hardware mall
>   Select:  Login to Hardware Mall
>   Enter:   Your member id/password
>   Select:  Item #3 - both the IBM Customer Agreement and Attachmentfor
Developer Discount must be submitted.
>   Note:  For lease equipment also download item 5, Direct Debit
Authorization
>   (see above for eligibility).  This document must be faxed and include a
>   voided company check to 770-835-7126
>
> +++After all the information above is completed, call 1-800-426-9990 to
verify and to take advantage of this special offering.+++

> *No charge software applies to all Distributors, Solution Providers who
acquire products directly from IBM and Solution Providers who acquire
products from a Distributor, System Integrator, Web Integrator and Premier
and Advanced Independent Software Vendors.  A $100 (Cdn) fee is charged in
Canada per software product.

-

> PartnerWorld for Developers provides a broad range of marketing and sales
resources to help you forge profitable relationships with IBM and IBM
Business Partners, generate worldwide demand and sales for your products,
and successfully execute your go-to-market strategy.  For more information,
> visit http://ibm.com/partnerworld/developer/ecma/campaign/er/?id=4483
>
> Subscribe to PartnerWorld for Developers newsletter (formerly IBM
Developer News) and receive weekly e-mail updates on services offered by
PartnerWorld for Developers.  In addition, you can customize your
subscription to include information on the IBM products that interest you
most. http://ibm.com/partnerworld/developer/ecma/campaign/er/?id=4481
> (Membership id and password required)
>
> Membership-related e-mail (i.e. registration confirmation, id/password
help, agreement notifications, or changes to services) is a condition of
membership.  Newsletter, marketing, or technology e-mail (i.e. technical
workshops, tool downloads, product announcements, conferences and other
events) is an option. You can unsubscribe to part or all of the optional
e-mail by updating the newsletter, marketing, and technology e-mail sections
in your individual membership record.
http://ibm.com/partnerworld/developer/ecma/campaign/er/?id=4487