About the only concern with this test, is I should probably check for a
list of members.  The overhead of the object itself, without any members:

RMVM FILE(ROB/SCOTT) MBR(*ALL)
DSPOBJD OBJ(ROB/SCOTT) OBJTYPE(*FILE)
Object      Type      Attribute               Size
SCOTT       *FILE     PF                      8192

ADDPFM FILE(ROB/SCOTT) MBR(ORD500)
DSPOBJD OBJ(ROB/SCOTT) OBJTYPE(*FILE)
Object      Type      Attribute               Size
SCOTT       *FILE     PF                     24,576

Oh well, plugs that gap.  The overhead is definitely in the member data.
Not in the file.  Not in the member header.  But the member data.

Benjamin Franklin

rob@dekko.com
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
10/15/2002 02:32 PM