My client has an SQL server that they are grabbing information from their
iSeries and downloading.  Using a Select statement, selecting all the fields
from a very large file, a job starts on the iSeries called QRWTSRVR.

The transfer speed of the data slowly rises up until it reaches 10M, it then
stays at 10M until the job is complete. (They have a 100M Ethernet card
installed on all servers.) They have some type of sniffer device attached to
their network showing them the exact transfer speed.

Is there a secret to opening that pipe so the transfer happens quicker?

If there is a cut off at 10M, is that a job restriction.  Could they run
consecutive jobs (Selects) over the same file specifying different Where
clauses so each job is downloading at 10M?

Below is the first screen on their line description.

     Display Line Description                   S44AB541
                                                             10/08/02  11:03:56
 Line description . . . . . . . . . :   LINE1ETH
 Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *BASIC
 Category of line . . . . . . . . . :   *ELAN

 Resource name  . . . . . . . . . . :   CMN10
 Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . . :   *YES
 Vary on wait . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NOWAIT
 Network controller . . . . . . . . :   LINE1NET
 Local adapter address  . . . . . . :   420000000001
 Exchange identifier  . . . . . . . :   056AB541
 Ethernet standard  . . . . . . . . :   *ALL
 Line speed . . . . . . . . . . . . :   100M
 Current line speed . . . . . . . . :   100M
 Duplex . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *FULL
 Current duplex . . . . . . . . . . :   *FULL
 Maximum frame size . . . . . . . . :   1496
 Maximum controllers  . . . . . . . :   40

They are using an OLE/DB connection.

Thanks for your help!