No.  If you need to go from V4R4 to V5R2, I would go from V4R4 to V4R5, and
then from V4R5 to V5R2.

There are object conversions that happen when you traverse the V4R5/V5R1
boundary, and V5R2 handles them significantly better than V5R1 did.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                      "Scott Lindstrom"
                      <SLindstrom@Pactiv        To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                      .com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: OS/400 V5R1
install problem
                      midrange-l-admin@m
                      idrange.com

                      10/02/2002 09:44
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      midrange-l

Is it possible to go directly from V4R4 to V5R2?  It was posted earlier
this year that it probably wasn't possible, but I haven't been able to find
that stated in any doc since GA.

Scott Lindstrom

                    "Al Barsa"
                    <barsa@barsaconsult       To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                    ing.com>                  cc:     (bcc: Scott
Lindstrom/PDC/Pactiv)
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     OS/400 V5R1
install problem
                    midrange-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    10/01/02 05:28 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

On the subject of V5R1 installation, forget about it.  If you are at V4R5,
go directly to V5R2.  This is an outstanding release of OS/400.  Possibly
this could be the best release ever, and I wouldn't say it if it wasn't
true.