>Assuming you get a 2159 processor, or other P05 group, the one-year
>subscription fee is $750 - IF you sign up for it within 30 days of
>purchasing the system (*NOT* taking delivery, purchasing). If you wait past
>that, it goes up to $1900. That will give you the right to new versions of
>the programs you're licensed for for that one year.

I wish I had known that 3 weeks ago!  I got my quote yesterday, more than 30
days from purchase.  OUCH!  I might be stuck at V4R2; $1900 is a bit much
for software on a personal system.  Plus they want $2200 for maintenance, so
that's not going to happen either.

Mine has a 2160 processor and performs wonderfully.  No SQL or Client Access
or compilers or PDM (SEU).  Really just the OS.  I don't need Client Access,
since the telnet server is included.

If I put a web server on, I'd want more than the 64MB of RAM.  I'll also
need more than the 4GB disk very soon.  Bummer that there is no tape
drive...

I was hoping to be able to convert the 6346 from my F10, but that looks like
a no-go.  (Same on the 6606 drives we pulled from our 720; they just aren't
the same.)

I was lucky enough to get my AS/400 picked up at the warehouse IBM was
using, so I was spared the $250 shipping cost.

All in all, a pretty nice computer.  (And SOOO much faster than my F10!)