Ken Sims reply
<<<I think the "Save Password" box provided by Windows went away after
Win98.  Was your previous installation on Win95 or Win98?

I was on Win98

cwblogon.exe [system] /u [user] /p [password]

That sounds workable.

Ven's reply
<<second option. You get a prompt the first time, but not
after that, until you reboot Windows (every hour?)

FYI
Since I got my new laptop running XP (which is SO fast it's now my desktop
too) I have not had to reboot even once in over a month (Software install
requested reboots excepted). None of the software which use to EAT memory
seems to be able to take a bite out of XP. My partner who understands this
stuff done in the guts of operating says that XP is based on the concept of
NT which does a pretty good job of shielding itself from such nasty stuff.

I use to reboot many times a day while I develop and test programs in VBA
for Excel, Access and Word. During code failures or premature ending of the
flow during step debugging, memory is often not reclaimed. With XP I've yet
to have it complain.

Thank for you replies
Steve