Dare,

Yeah, I agree it sounds dangerous and I would advise an upgrade.  That
said, the 1.967 GB drive is commonly referred to as a 2 GB drive.  The
V5R1 OS/400 Capacity Planning web site confirms that this capacity is
adequate for a load source.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/os400sizing.htm

Is anyone on the list running V5R1 on a model 500 with a 2 GB load
source?

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

(this note repeats information sent directly to Dare)

> On Behalf Of Dare
> Subject: Re: Clarification on DISK CONFIGURATION
>
> Andy,
>
> I will say that you have enlighten me with your answers. I'm a self-
> learner
> in regards to the AS/400 administration with a lot of reading and
using
> common sense.  I started in '88 as a programmer and added
administration
> in
> '94.  My concerns and observation you have confirmed except that I was
> thinking that the OS stays in the "load source" only.  I still think
that
> it
> is dangerous to thread the waters when dealing with system. Loading
V5,