First an update, then a question for Booth

I tried just putting comments into the ftp input script and letting it
'error out' and this is what I found - and it was very surprising!

i tried something like this:

##  loc=290f  date=20020825   type=S  tname=SLS20020825

and in the output log, I got this back:

> ##  ********  *************   ******  *****************
Subcommand '##' not valid.

!!! it had replaced my data with asterisks!   maybe to hide a failed
attempt at user and password entry?  that was wierd.

I tried several other things, and the only thing that worked was:

#loc=290f
#date=20020825
#type=S
#tname=SLS20020825

i.e. on separate lines.   it seems that it will only return the first word
of each line in an error situation.

this quadruples my errors, but it still runs very fast.  I wonder if FTP
has an error threshhold?  i guess we'll see. ;)

Booth,  where do I find the FTP log, and how is it different from the
output log provided by ovrdbf output sourcfile?

Thanks,

Rick