On Thursday 22 August 2002 10:58 pm, trevor perry wrote:
> Here are the results they gave me:
>
> Solaris 1454 30.37% .
> Linux 921 19.24% .
> AIX 856 17.88% .
> HP-UX 564 11.78% .
> FreeBSD 347 7.25% .
> Tru-64 223 4.66% .
> Windows 222 4.64% .
> AS/400 201 4.20% .
>
> Total: 4788 100% .

Looking at the results this morning, it doesn't look like much has moved
except for AS/400. Linux & Solaris have gained three each, but AS/400 has
gone up by 27 - I wonder how that's happened ;) Anyway, as it's an OS
poll, why isn't it OS/400 in the list instead? Do only iSeries users know
the difference?

Solaris 1457     30.22%
Linux    924     19.17%
AIX      856     17.76%
HP-UX    564     11.70%
FreeBSD  347      7.20%
AS/400   228      4.73%
Tru-64   223      4.63%
Windows  222      4.60%
Total:  4821    100.00%

One way of looking at the results is that more than 95% of voters think
Windows is the worst OS ;)

Regards, Martin (who's only voted once, btw)
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net    /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /