I have been analyzing desperately this situation and I have found few more
interesting "things":

This is on the job log (now I am using the ANZQRY command after the first
STRQMQRY command):

o Query derived from *QRYDFN object FI041Q1 in PETERTEST, code 00.
=== Cause . . . . . :   You requested information from a query management query
(*QMQRY object) that could not be found in the library or library list
specified. This caused the object to be temporarily created from a Query/400
query definition (*QRYDFN object) with the same name in library PETERTEST.   The
return code is 00:  The derived query has no defects caused by conversion.

o STRQMQRY command completed using derived information.

o Query definition FI041Q1 in PETERTEST has dependent values.

o Previously defaulted field selections used.

o Database file output options ignored.
===Cause . . . . . :   The Query/400 query definition analyzed contains
specifications indicating that the definition was intended to be run to produce
detail database file records. This information will be ignored when the
definition is converted for query management use.
Recovery  . . . :   Use the WRKQRY command to display or print the query
definition. Determine what the database file output options are, then specify
the appropriate ones when saving report data in a file.  Note that a database
file previously created by Query/400 can receive data saved by query management,
but only as records replacing or added to records in the first member. If a new
file has to be created by query management, the library must be defined as a
collection and the file will be a table.

Does this means that I cannot create a file with STRQMQRY if I am using a
Query/400 to do it?  Do I need to have the original file existing "somewhere"
and CRTDUPOBJ (for example) it to QTEMP for processing and change the queries to
add/replace the member?  It has no sense for me.

PETER VIDAL
PALL Aeropower Corp. / SR Programmer Analyst
Website: www.pall.com  / Email: Peter_Vidal@Pall.com
Phone: 727-539-8448, x2414