Jeff
 It  shows- your not happy  with common.
this a value  or  administrative statement on marketing operations
many  user groups  don't meet in the summer most meet in September

Attendance is falling off everyplace. look at your own user group and others
around you.
 Complain about lack of marketing from IBM and common but we  help  drown it
too with all the negative  marketing we do collectively.

Jeff Silberberg wrote:

Hey Pete,

        I have a more basic question, who is she. I don't find here name
here before today, and I don't remember hearing it in Nashville ?  An no one
seems to have introduced her to the crowd ??  Although, maybe my hearing
aide was just not turned up enough..

        Additionally, this is unfortunately another example of to little to
late from HQ in my opinion. I think the majority of us schedule our meetings
on the same day of the week every month during the 2nd or 3rd week.
Therefore, any opportunity to market for Common has been missed for August,
and will be after the conference in October. So we have one and only one
opportunity to get the word out where it will do any good.  Hope not much
was spent here special for this purpose.

        Sorry to be so negative, but it's been awhile since I have seen much
to be positive about when it comes to Common's marketing, and unfortunately
this showed in Nashville's numbers.

        Latter,
        JMS...

PS: Andrew I never use magnets on the Ice Chest just a big nail :-)