What I was told is that V5R1 Universal Connection is a VPN and doesn't handle
the NAT change in address of the iSeries. The NAT is viewed as an alteration of
the packet and thus a violation of the VPN security.

There was a hint that V5R2 should be able to VPN through a NAT device.

If your iSeries had a public address and the firewall was just doing port
blocking Universal Connection should work.

Roger Vicker, CCP

--
*** Vicker Programming and Service *** Have bits will byte *** www.vicker.com
***